Sunday, January 18, 2009


Name: Chetana Patra

Marks: 160

Written Percentile: 99.99

GD+PI+PAR score: 33

Final Rank : 3

Current Status: Pursuing MBA @ JBIMS in the First Year

 

 

1)    Tell us something about your background

Answer: I have done my Bachelors in Biotechnology from Ramnarain Ruia College. I am a fresher.

 

2)    What is your goal in life and why do you want to pursue Management?

Answer: I wish to contribute to the best of my capabilities to a respectable firm and be respected for my work.

 

3)    How did you prepare for CET?

Answer: I concentrated a lot on my speed, be it in numericals, logic or verbal ability. I solved numerous mock test papers, timed them and analyzed each one of them in detail.

 

4)    Please enumerate the difference between CET and other exams management exams

Answer: CET is entirely speed based and the questions involve a lot of quick thinking and application of logic on most questions. Grammar and visual reasoning are two aspects that set apart CET exam from other MBA exams.

 

5)    What is the difficulty level of CET as compared to CAT?

Answer: The competition in the CET exam is immense and is an exam wherein you have to maintain a consistently high performance throughout the duration of the exam. Even a single question answered incorrectly can jeopardise your chances of getting into a B-school of your choice.

 

6)    What were the salient features of your CET preparations during the last 15 days to CET?

Answer: Solving more and more mock test papers, analyzing them, being thorough with all formulae and taking adequate rest.

 

7)    What was your strategy for the CET exam day?

Answer: Keeping a cool mind on the D-day, so that I could have high focus and concentration. Believing in myself and my capabilities was the key to boosting my self confidence, which in turn made me perform to the best of my abilities.

 

8)    CET also involves lot of Speed. Any special strategies for that aspect?

Answer: I have always been good at quick thinking, decision-making, calculating, etc. So speed has always come easily to me, I had to focus on improving my accuracy levels. For additional practice, I used to solve a set of 20 sums on a regular basis and check my speed and accuracy and I also reviewed improvements in my performance over time. It gave me the motivation to continue doing so.

 

9)    Any change in preparation strategy in hindsight?

Answer: I do believe that any point of time, I probably should have worked harder, strategy wise, it couldn’t have been better!

 

10) List the 5 most important preparation points with 15 days remaining and some mistakes to avoid.

Answer:

1.    improve speed in simple mathematical problems by practice

2.    learn basics of grammar like sentence formation, proper usage of words

3.    solve visual reasoning problems and get an idea of the trends in the different questions

4.    focus on accuracy, by concentrating hard and thinking clearly

5.    rest, rest and rest. Lots n lots of rest will alone give you a clear mind inorder to focus during the exam

 

 

11) How is life at JBIMS?

Answer: These past few months have perhaps been the best phase of my life as far as learning is concerned. I have got to learn so much at JBIMS, be it by interacting with peers or people from the industry; the value addition has been immense. Though life becomes hectic, but then you need to put in your 100% to excel in life. The atmosphere is highly competitive but at the same time very friendly. Its learning with a lot of fun.

 

12) Among its contemporaries, where do you place JBIMS

Answer: JBIMS is definitely in the top league of B-schools in the country. The kind of industry interaction it provides wherein respected professionals from the corporate world share their experience, insight and knowledge with the students is extremely enriching.

 

13) Can you give an insight of the factors that affected your choice of college

Answer: JBIMS is a well respected college in the industry and it is in a prime location. It is well known for the quality education it provides alongwith the outside-classroom learnings that are extremely important.

 

14) Any strategies you would like to advice to this year’s aspirants?

Answer: As I said before, focus on lots of accuracy and speed. Preparation for CET requires a lot of practice and dedication.

 

15) Give some advantages which JBIMS enjoys over other colleges in its league?

Answer: JBIMS is located in the heart of the commercial hub on the country. It makes it a very important factor to be considered while choosing a B-school as there is a lot of corporate interaction and this gives valuable insight into the workings of the industry.

 

16) How was your experience in the CET Group Discussion and Personal Interview (GD-PI)?

Answer: The group discussion was extremely chilled out with everyone letting others speak and contribute their opinions. The topic was also a simple one. The personal interview also went well, mostly personality based questions and questions on my future plans and aspirations.

2 comments: